JOIN OUR TEAM: Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
10 March 2023
Due to an expanding portfolio of projects our Civils team in Aviemore is looking to appoint a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to join our growing team.
As a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager you will support and deliver a variety of project scales from £50,000 to over £6m. The role will cover the full project life cycle from business development / tendering through to project and account close out with clients.
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
- Early Client engagement and pre project planning
- Deliver the work safely ensuring high emphasis on environmental control / approach
- Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
- Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITPs and waste management plans, in line with Company procedures
- Produce and manage the project programme
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Client Progress reports
- Ensure detailed project records are maintained
- Supervise and manage sub-contractors
- Cost control - populate and manage the cost plan for the project
- Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the tender / procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources (plant, labour, materials) to complete the tasks
- Identify and highlight value engineering opportunities
- Assist in recruiting key personnel to deliver projects
- Deliver end product to exceed customer satisfaction
- Undertake an ambassadorial role representing the business to customers, public and official bodies
- Considerable experience in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme and Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering / cabling
- Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- CSCS Managers card
- NRSWA Supervisor, TWC, Appointed Person
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills
- Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company CARE Values
- Competitive salary
- Company 4x4 (Ford Ranger Wildtrak)
- Company pension
- Annual leave (28 days) with potential to trade / increase
At McGowan Environmental Engineering Ltd we pride ourselves on being Naturally Different through our environmentally sensitive and sympathetic approach. Our ethos and commitment is always about quality and caring. We care passionately about safety, our clients, the environment and our workforce. Our CARE Values are the foundation of the business and these important beliefs are shared across all of our operations.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and people-focused, supported by an inclusive and open company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working in some of the most breathtaking rural environments in Scotland.
We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. We have an open and transparent approach setting the tone for the company environment and culture – encouraging individuals to be at their best and excel.
How to apply:
Please send your current CV and covering email outlining your suitability for the role to:
Alternatively if you wish to discuss the requirements of the role please call Darren on 07805 798 251.