A Highland Estate required a highly specialist company to install a new landrover track through designated SSSI, SAC & SPA area within the Estate – locally based McGowan Ltd was the preferred choice based on their expertise in such type works in highly sensitive sites.
Location: Inverlaidnan Estate
Type of works: Estate Track
Contract Value: £45,000
The formation of a new 6000metre landrover track for estate vehicles was required by the estate. Due to the sensitivity of the landscape area a highly experienced contractor was required to install the new track whilst minimising un-necessary damage to the surrounding ground – McGowan Ltd was the estate’s preferred company to undertake works.
- Designated Area – SSSI, SPA, & SAC
- Minimal damage to immediate track surrounds
- All materials sourced from local on site borrow pits
- High pedestrian/cyclist use, public management plan in place
- River Dulnain in close proximity, silt management plan in place
- Track edges reinstated to blend naturally into surrounding landscape
- Full reinstatement of borrow pits upon completion