2015 saw the enabling works for a proposed new hydro scheme on Dunan Estate. Due to the sensitivity of the area and the issue of deep peat along the proposed access road route, McGowan Ltd were approached to tender for the access infrastructure for the new hydro scheme.
Location: Kinlich Rannoch
Type of works: Hill Track Infrastructure
Contract Value: £370,000
Following another successful tender submission based on previous experience & Best Value McGowan Ltd were awarded the project to construct an estate track to provide access to a proposed new Hydro-scheme.
- 7750 metres of new floating track formation over deep peatland
- All material sourced from estate quarry – Drill & Blasting / Rock Processing & transporting material 7km along main road to site laydown area
- Busy Walker Trail – Use of track closures / diversions & Site Safety Signage
- Traffic Management & Overhead Powerline protection
- Endangered Water Voles & flora present along route – Protection zones created and works undertaken under license
- Silt mitigation method and ongoing maintenance adopted along route to control silt pollution
- Tubisider Culvert and estate access bridge installation along route